2010年2月23日星期二

What is Love?

My friend asked me what is love.

I have no definition to love, but I know I can differentiate love from like.

When you love someone,

You go extra miles for the person
You are happy when the person did a little things for you
You miss the person when him/her is not around
You want the togetherness
You long for a hug
You feel close
You are happy when the person is happy
You are sad when the person is sad
You are even paranoid sometimes
...

You can have these feelings to lots of people, because you can exert love to many people. Different types of love. To your lover, your family, your closed friends.

Love is always a broad term.

To love your family that you're born with, it just comes so naturally.

To love your friends who stand by your side when you're in trouble, but doesn't require you to stay with him/her/them forever and ever, it requires lesser decision making.

To love your lover, whom "Till death do us apart", it requires tonnes of courage and a lot of decision making. Because that, is a gamble of your life.

Knowing love doesn't guarantee one to find love. There's a scenario that love stories like to paint, is when a girl married to a guy who loves her more than she loves him. The girl's heart is with someone who left her. I always thought that is some stupid love stories that was trying too hard to sell. But I have been so naive, I had just recently found out that these can happen in real life.

My friend told me the strongest reason for a girl to married a guy that she likes but doesn't love, is age. Society, especially in Asia, still hold the "belief" that girls should be married before reaching age of 30. Under such tremendous pressure, a lot of people had made decision as this.

So, I guess it depends on how you want your life to be. To married a person you like but not love, and gamble for your marriage and whole life? Or to search for the perfect one, have no fear to love, even when you're age of 40, 50 or even older...

I still, hold strong belief that everyone has a true love. You can only piece the puzzles that are matched. If you forced the puzzles to match, they're never a picture, nor they're happy.

Have you found your puzzle?

Don't give up hope, because I believe, everybody has a piece of true match, waiting at the corner. And because I love my friends, I don't wish any of my friends would ever fall into this.

Let's not give up, for love.

4 条评论:

Unknown 说...

Chim ar

huinee 说...

Very well said, however it's confusing when you can feel the same kind of love for different lovers (not at the same time, but more like an ex vs. current bf, for example). How do you know this is THE puzzle?

shiauthing 说...

hey, very good piece, pinjam me to share in my blog :p

THANKS~

薇薇 说...

en, you'll understand one day.

hui nee, i also dunno how to know exactly if one found the puzzle? :P

little princess, you're welcome.