2009年12月10日星期四

Bacon Mushroom Creamy Pasta

The pasta in the picture is no other than the Penis Pasta that Hui Nee bought for me when I went to San Francisco :P


Ingredients:
Pasta of your choice
Butter
Cream
White wine
Mushrooms (Button mushroom or portobello)
Bacon
Blue Cheese
Salt
Pepper
Parsley

Method:
  1. Cook pasta to al Dante
  2. While waiting pasta to cook, sliced mushrooms and bacon into small pieces
  3. Set the cooked pasta aside
  4. Melt butter in a pan
  5. When heated, pour in the sliced mushrooms and bacon to cook
  6. When the mushrooms and bacon are cooked, pour in cream (I use 1.5 tablespoon for single person serving), blue cheese & white wine and stir to mix well
  7. Turn to small heat and season with salt and pepper
  8. Mix in pasta and stir well and turn off the heat
  9. Set the pasta in your plate and dress with shredded blue cheese and parsley
  10. Serve :)
Side note:
You can always replace blue cheese with other types of cheese. But I find blue cheese didn't taste as bad when it's mixed into pasta :)

I love Pasta but...
Yee Hau couldn't stomach my habit of eating like an Italian, Pasta for 5 days a week. Therefore, I normally cook pasta for myself, when he's not around after work. In my opinion, pasta is the easiest thing to cook, especially when you're hungry after work :)

I haven't bought any pasta sauce from supermarket for such a long time, since I've started to invent my own pasta or reference to some recipes.

4 条评论:

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

wah, now can have own blog to share recipe liao a? so advance??

薇薇 说...

just for fun la~

huinee 说...

Mmm love the pasta shape. :P

薇薇 说...

*faint*