2010年5月12日星期三

Thank You Omy for Robin Hood Preview

Robin Hood was my favourite childhood cartoon, for no particular reason. Maybe it's the handsome fox that did the magic? Or maybe, it's the funny lion Prince John? I have no idea at all, seriously.

I never read synopsis before I watch movie, I never did. It's simply not my habit, because I want to have 100% surprise from the movie. And I did. I didn't know that this show is actually the making of "Robin Hood became an outlaw". So the show started with him in the wars, and how did he fight along with friends to go back to London. And of course, how he knew Lady Marian. And finally, ended the movie becoming an outlaw.

And all the time, I was waiting for Robin Hood to raise his bow & arrow, and be chased by the palace guards. It didn't happen, at least not the first 2 hours and 25 mins of the show.

My personal opinion, is that the story has been emphasizing a little bit too much on the love story between Robin Hood and Lady Marian. Robin Hood is about his friendship with his fellow friends whom he fought along with. Besides, kissing in the middle of battle with French and didn't get hurt is a miracle. (I thought it was a lame scene)

Watching Robin Hood did make me feel very nostalgic of my childhood. And please, just let me share a little clip from Robin Hood back in 1973.



Side note, the sceneries in the movie were very nice!

3 条评论:

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

i am not a huge fan of robin hood (i meant the disney cartoon), but I really love the songs :)

YinXin 说...

I saw the poster on the bus just now!
I SO wanna watch! Have you watched the Kevin Costner's version? Way back in 1991...hehe...Bryan Adams' "Everything I do" was the OST...*_*
I love I love <3

薇薇 说...

da jie, yes, the songs are very nice, now they got stucked in my head!

sheena, i watched kevin costner's version, and i actually forgotten about it, but i think definitely better than this :P and yes, bryan adams, who cam forget :)