2008年9月15日星期一

The Road Less Travelled

Today, I took a road less travelled on my own.

I found out that I was being stressed out again that I could not think and plan my work properly. I hate this feeling a lot and I told myself to get rid of it. I knocked off from office at 7pm and decided not to take the shuttle bus. I walked all the way out to Anchor Point (I normally do this on the occassion that I missed the bus), called my mom to have some talk, and had dinner.

I walked to the MRT station and took the ride back home, immersed myself in the couch and watched "Long Way Down" documentary from my beloved Ewan McGregor, love it! And after the show, I just can't stop thinking, I should go for a run.

I thought it would be some 3-5km run. However, it ended up to be approximately 9.2km run in 1 hr 10 mins. I ran all the way into NTU, a route that I have never taken for a jog, but a route that is so familiar to me. It was wonderful, that I could run 9.2km in a shot without stopping, even without water! Maybe because it's not as hot as running in the afternoon.

When I was running, the clouds in the sky were well lit by the post Mid Autumn Festival Moon. It was magnificent to have a run under such condition. I saw myself chasing my own shadow and how much I romantically wished that my shadow was crafted by the moon, but I knew it wasn't.

I feel fresh and light after the run, I'm happy for myself! I am confident, that I'm going to have a good day of working tomorrow

:D

And same goes to you!

2 条评论:

KiaHooi 说...

hey, that's really great, such a beautiful run somemore! and tonight's moon really round and brighter, even nicer than yesterday's.

薇薇 说...

i thought so too!

i guess i will have to really train for my half marathon. this is not an intention to train, but somehow it turned out well :D