2008年12月7日星期日

My First Half Marathon

Finally, the day has come, I completed the first half marathon in my life. But, it's a rather painful experience.

The event is a madness! There are total 50,000 people joining the event! Well, I guess the ERP gantry is too expensive to drive in city area, and the cab, MRT and buses fare went up too, therefore, people want to use their legs to "commute" around the town area. Hahahaha!

Before the Race
Ever since my Nike Run on 31st August, I have had knee pain, though not very serious. So on and off during my routine running, I do feel the pressure on my knees. I bought knee guards to protect them, and my mom also gave me the glucosamine pills, but I didn't take any of them till now. To make things worse, last Sunday, I ran a 10km in gym, then I developed some muscle pain, but not too serious.

On the Race Day
We woke up at 3.30am to get prepared. We took the 5am bus to the race venue, deposited the bag, warm up, went to toilet and 6.30am, off we go! But even before I hit 5km, I've already got knee pain. I thought of giving up and start walking, but when I thought of the 16km ahead of me, I decided to continue running.

Until I got to the "banana station", I know it's 13km already. So I had the banana, and started my walking-running-walking-running, all the way till the finishing line. I was glad I finally made it, but I felt my legs don't belong to me anymore... Hahahaha!

How long did I take to run? Very embarrassingly, it took me 3 hours and 3mins to finish the half marathon. Hm....

After the Race
After I finally collected my bag, Yee Hau and my friends must have been waiting for me for soooooo bloody long. We rested for a while (I rested for a while), then we went to Raffles City to have Buger King breakfast.

When I finally reached home, I slept for a few hours.... Hahaha... And there goes a day~

2 条评论:

KiaHooi 说...

Just came back from trekking! My knee also went crazy at the downhill slope. =(

薇薇 说...

kiahooi, did u listen to the sensei, not to drink any cold drinks?