2010年11月21日星期日

Something to Look Forward, Again :)

I've caught up with the Air Asia X promotion on Monday, to purchase a pair of return ticket to HangZhou. But HZ isn't really my destination, I'm actually heading to Shanghai and Ningbo.

I'm never a fan of big city like Shanghai, the only reason I'm visiting this place, is my best friend, Kia Hooi. Since she's working in Ningbo, not too far from Shanghai (when you're looking in China context, far and near need some re-definition), I've been wanting to pay her a visit. I kept thinking and looking for a chance.

Now, here we go :)

I am looking forward, very much. I went to Kinokuniya on Friday after work, to get myself a good and quick guide. I was flipping through while I was waiting for Yee Hau, and I thought, I might like Shanghai after all.

Shanghai wasn't my cup of tea, back in year 2005. During my 3rd year in University, I was so determined, that I must get out of Singapore. I knew I couldn't afford an exchange programme, so when GIP was introduced, I was SO determined I MUST go for it. The first batch of seniors who came back from GIP China shared their experiences.

The one and only thing that I can remember from the sharing was, a senior who came back from internship from Shanghai, he said "Shanghai was great! It's like Singapore!" I was so sure, I'm not going to Shanghai.

So, at that time, all my applications went to Beijing, without even concerning what are the companies doing, I only wanted to get myself to Beijing. And I never regretted the decision, and I still very much missing the wonderful place.

Anyway, right now, after doing some tiny bits of research here and there, I think I may like Shanghai after all. And of course, Ningbo too!

2 条评论:

KiaHooi 说...

I'm looking forward to the trip too!!! ♥♥♥ let's fight the cold together in SH / NB!

薇薇 说...

yeah, we must find all means to fight the cold!!!!