2011年7月31日星期日

Close Encounters with Animals (Part 2)

Coming back from Sipadan Island had left me dreaming about that paradise for one whole week. Yeah, that's how crazy it is.

The thing that I loved most, when I was there, is getting close encounters with turtles of all sizes, everyday.

Photobucket
Photo taken by Bey Yee Hau

I envied those who had seen turtles in Redang before I've been on to this trip. I've been to Redang and Perhentian twice! And never saw any of them. However, this time, I've seen too many of them, I can't count.

Swimming with the turtles are simply wonderful. They "fly" gracefully through the water, flip their "wings" effortlessly but yet, having the speed that is so fast, we had to swim harder to catch up. Looking at them, is really something peaceful.

Apart of being able to swim with the turtles, Ai Mei and I were chased by trigger fish while following a small turtle. I guessed we were too close to its nest and offended it. We swam away for our life, but we laughed our heart out after that.

Besides, we were lucky to come into contact with a school of big eye trevally! Our guide swam through the tornado of fishes, and let us in. We were in the middle of the tornado! How cool was that!

Then of course, we saw several white tip reef sharks. This was the 2nd time I saw sharks while snorkelling! It's so cool!

What's my next close encounter with animal?

Part 1, please refer here.

PS. Now I'm really crazy for turtle, I'm looking up and down for the soft toy turtle from Finding Nemo. If you know where to find it, please tell me :)

2 条评论:

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

ENVY!!!!

薇薇 说...

:)
Go Sipadan, you'll get your chance to chase the turtles too! but remember to brush up your swimming skills before that. I think my weekly swimming routine helped a lot!