2009年5月1日星期五

Close Encounters with Animals


Yunnan 2007, my first horse riding




Bangkok 2008, my first hug to tigers




Bali 2009, my first swim and kiss with dolphins

Let's not talk about cats and dogs here, because they are the home pets. I have had several pets before, i.e. dogs, love birds and fishes. Among all of them, I love dogs the most. I dislike cats, but the kitten I met in Yangshuo had got my attention. I let her played with my jacket every night and sat on my lap while I was connecting to the world.

My close encounters with large animals back dated to primary school when we visited the national zoo. I gave the giraffe some leaves, they ate it , and then, they started to lick my hands. I was well aware they could have just licked my face with their super long neck, but I didn't care at all. Back then, we don't have cameras, I didn't manage to capture the moment, but I remembered it.

Snorkelling in Pulau Redang was fantastic! Fishes were roaming beside you like you're just one of them. The silence in the sea, makes you wonder what do the fishes hear everyday. And close encounter with baby sharks were cool. But not as cool as spotting an adult shark swam underneath me!

I volunteered myself in an animal show back in my first visit to Hong Kong Ocean Park. I was supposed to sit there, and let the HUGE GIGANTIC owl flew pass me. She was a bit too big for my taste, but I never regret to be the volunteer. Hah!

Then, my sis and I decided to ride a horse when we're in Yunnan. The first horse riding experience we had, and it was bloody 3 hour long. I had a butt pain! But what's worse, we fell from the horse back! We were lucky we only had scratches. Next time? I bet I'll only do it with a proper saddle!

In 2008, I insisted that we must visit Tiger Temple in Bangkok. Hugging the ever sleeping adult tigers was nothing but scary. I can hear my heart pumping very fast, and I could hear the tiger's heart pumping too. The palms were soft and the fur were warm. 2nd time? Nope! I bet that was a once in a life time experience :P

Just this week, I had the most wonderful encounter with dolphins. We saw them swimming in the sea of Lovina. And we swam with them too in Melka Excelsior. They were very playful that's why things could turn rough at times. But a kiss from dolphins during the play, priceless~ The money and the bruises I have after the swim, worth it :D

So, I was wondering, what's next?

2 条评论:

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

how about dances with wolves?? (^^)

薇薇 说...

nah~~~
i guess that's what you're going to do next?
perhaps hugging a baby panda is more feasible :P