2009年3月24日星期二

I miss my dogs

This is not my dog. This is Taishan that we met in Yang Shuo, Ming Yuan Cafe.

*****

I had 2 dogs when I was young. I had one in Ipoh, named Dale. And another one in Taman SriRambai when I was Primary 3, named Beethoven. Both had weird behaviours, that I believe it would be pointless even you had sent them to pets behavioural school.

*****

Dale, according to my mom (I was too young to recall so many things), likes to wet-floor skiing whenever my mom mopped the floor. And even worse, he bang on the door every time he failed to break. I guess that was how he got a little bit crazy! But my parents had decided to leave him with the vet when we moved to BM, for reasons that remained unknown to me till date, which I also chose not to ask.

*****

Beethoven, my 2nd dog, was given to us by my mom's friend. I still remember Beethoven's first night in the house... I guess he was probably lonely and scared, he cried for the whole night. It made me sad, and I couldn't fall asleep too. I would go out to the living room to check him out in the little box. He would stop when he heard me, and continue when I was out of sight. I woke up early the next morning even though I hardly slept. And found Beethoven was awake too.

I remember I asked my mom, what shall I feed him. And my mom asked me to make some milk and give him some bread. Beethoven had a habit to keep some small pieces of bread under the tree in the garden every time we served him the food. And in the afternoon, he would have tea break under the tree. Brilliant!

Beethoven had not been a nice dog. He dug holes everywhere in the house. He dug small holes on the wall with my little brother when he was just a baby, and later on continued with bigger and deeper holes in the garden when he grew up. To make things worse, he attempt to attack my neighbours kids who had made fun of him when he was a puppy.

At the end, my parents had to take him away from the house. I never know where Beethoven was. And again, I chose not to ask. But I remember on that day, when my family went out but I chose to stay at home, I called my friend and cried on the phone for so long.

I still miss Beethoven.

*****

Then, I never had any dog anymore. But my relatives do. My aunt moved her golden retriever from England to Penang, he's Ben. He's the first golden retreiver I knew. He's very clever because he's a bilingual dog. My aunt spoke English to him, while his later owner, my grandma spoke Hokkien. So he understood both. :D

Ben, was also a funny dog. He's completely different from other dogs that I've seen, he loves water. You can't stop him from running into the sea water. You can't stop him from jumping into the garden temporary children swimming pool. You can't stop him from standing out in the rain. You can't... simply stop him from water.

Ben passed away at old age without sickness (except for Hong Sip according to the vet) when I was in University. My aunt buried him some feet under the ground in the garden and planted a tree at that spot. I would thought of him every time I saw a golden retriever.

*****

I once thought I'd like to have a dog when I have a place of my own. But I have given up this thought, simply it's way too hard for me when I lost them.

Dogs dogs dogs... Never fail to make you love them.

10 条评论:

KiaHooi 说...

This made me think of my dog... she's getting very old di and always 无精打采. I don't think I'll keep pets on my own also, coz I always feel I don't give them enough love and care, and parting is always hard.

薇薇 说...

well that's true, need to give them a lot of attention when you have pets.
it's been long time since i go to your house, wonder xiao mi will still bark at me fiercely or not.

匿名 说...

it hurts when we lose our pets. My dog passed away few years ago.. and, it was a very hard time for me. =(

KiaHooi 说...

haha, she'll still bark for sure! just depend on how long it takes until she gets tired =p

薇薇 说...

oh...xiao mi is a lady?
all my dogs are gentlemen :D

斌世无双 说...

This also make me think about my future dog, coz i dont hav dog now.. haha

薇薇 说...

斌份世界,apalah...

wei lian, show your dog's picture leh :D

Unknown 说...

I want to have dog too... But i afraid i don't have the time

薇薇 说...

u remember beethoven?

Unknown 说...

I do miss that dog, even though thta time I was still a baby....