2008年5月10日星期六

Hello from Dublin 2

Well, can't believe it but it's already my second day in Dublin! There are lots of things that I'd like to share with all of you, but I'll try to finish them :)

Of the Hotel Location
Well, I'm staying in Trinity Capital Hotel in Dublin City. It's a very convenient place, located just behind the very famous Trinity College (sometimes I could even detect their Sci Fac WiFi :p). The Dublin Fire Brigade and Garda (police) is just beside the Hotel. I feel so safe of being here! Hahahahaha....

As I'm actually using the free wireless in the hotel lobby, there are a lots of young and good looking students in very nice dress and coats walking by. It is the Trinity College Ball tonight (I found this out yesterday when I paid a visit at the college). There are so many handsome looking young guys around!!! Hohohoho....

Of Work Place
The company site is located quite far away from the city. It took me 45mins to reach there (without traffic jam) in a taxi, so you can imagine how expensive is the fare! Anyway, I personally think that the site is a wonderful place.

Why?

I had breakfast at the cafeteria with my Irish counterpart this morning. And we sat just beside the window. Suddenly, my friendly counter part told me, there will be wild bunnies and foxes running around just outside of the office building! And I did see a lot of bunnies, no luck for the foxes so far...

The scale of the site is WAY TOO BIG! It's divided into 8 buildings. The lab is 10mins walk from the office! It's such a nice exercise at work :P

Of the City
I haven't got the chance to go too far from the Hotel yet. (Based on the map, I think I had actually walked quite a bit!) The city is very happening at Friday Nights, I've been walking around since 9pm till 11pm, and I didn't know it's so late!

The sun set at 9pm (CRAZY!), so I can actually walk A LOT even before sunset. Hahahaha! I brought a map yesterday, but this evening I decided not to. And I think I walked a little bit too far to places where I didn't see the city buses, that's when I decided to turn back. :P Don't worry, it's relatively bright still.

There's lots of pubs, bars and restaurants, there's no way that you're going to be hungry!

Of the People
The Irish are so far, very friendly. I've got 4 strangers talked to me when I walked around yesterday within 4 hours! So, that's one per hour averagely. But the last one wasn't too nice, I sense a bit of "danger", so I back off and pretended that I didn't understand him.

Still, they are nice and friendly in general.

Of Irish Coffee
I'm a coffee drinker, as most of you had known that. Irish Coffee is one of the thing in my top list that I would definitely try here! I'd complained that the Irish Coffee in M'sia and Singapore don't taste too good.

I had one this evening after my dinner. Well, the first few sips was actually quite ok. But, when I'm about the finish the whole cup, I really dislike the stronger taste of the Irish Whisky. I prefer the normal coffee I guess...

But due to the strong coffee I had, I'm a bit "high high" now. Hahahahaha!

Of the Weather
Nothing to complain, I like it! :)

Cooling!!!!

But the sky is a bit of "depressing", there's no blue sky so far....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I do not have Photoshop in my working laptop, and I'm getting fed up with the Microsoft Picture Manager, I couldn't share any photo right now. Just use your imagination for now :)

Anyway, I didn't take any photo today, as I want myself to be more concentrated on things I see... And, I want to stop attract too many strangers yet again :P

Ok, I shall stop now. Please look up for more updates^_^

6 条评论:

ah yuan 说...

Hi ah Wei,

Great that you like Dublin. I'm sure about the people, but generally Irish should be quite friendly like most of the U.K. despite of their scary history.

Ya.. sunset at 9pm, it's brilliant isn't it? Imagine the long day light allows you to do so much stuffs after works, I love summer. Wait till you come during winter time, you'll cry when sunset at 3pmm, all dark afterwards. lol

Right, I shall see you the Saturday week after, can't wait. Love you~~

KiaHooi 说...

How I wish I'm there to meet both of you!

薇薇 说...

kiahooi, you can do that, just buy an air tic and you'll be here with us! i can smuggle you into my hotel room :P

KiaHooi 说...

wa... I can most certainly do that in my dreams!!

洋晴爸爸 说...

Hmm... Irish Coffee. I wonder, do you asked for tears when you ordered your Irish Coffee ? :p

薇薇 说...

kiahooi, it's not really a dream, you "only" need to pay RM4000++ air ticket :P

wc, i know what you're talking about, but... I'm not a fan of his book. hehe... :P