2008年5月25日星期日

Of Work

Yes, I went to Dublin for work, not for backpacking. (though from my photos I really look like I did :P)

I tried my best to absorb things that are out of my comfort zone, as much as I can. I was Materials trained, but I actually went to Dublin for an electrical training. Thanks to my Irish counterpart, Barry, whom is very patient in my slow moving brain.

Anyway, after the first few days of my training, I actually wrote to my manager. I told her, I felt very disgrace of being an electrical FA engineer, but yet, need another engineer from our sister site to teach me, some very very basic knowledge, that I could have been picked up in Singapore, or school, or work for nearly a year!

Yes, they are kind and patient to me. But what are they going to think of our FA, what are they going to think of my manager and the other team?

I guess my email shocked my manager, she replied promptly the day after (cause of the time difference between us). She said she almost thought I'm going to jump onto the next flight from Dublin. Well, she didn't know how much I enjoy myself out of the work. But she said, glad that I observe something, ask me to share with her when I'm back.

I guess after this training, I'm really going to involve in electrical stuffs then.

Work hard, play hard!

Wish me luck :)

没有评论: