2008年6月12日星期四

Happy One Year!

Am suppose to write this last night, but who knows, I fell asleep directly after my head knock onto the bed when I was waiting for my Firefox to be updated.

Yesterday, was the mark that I work in the company, for ONE WHOLE YEAR! Gosh, that was FAST! I told my colleague that I have almost forgotten about this until Ai Mei reminded me one day earlier. My colleague made a reasonable comment on that statement.

"That's a good thing. If you feel that one year is a very draggy and long, perhaps you should look for another job."

I think she's right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what's with this one whole year? And what is awaiting for years ahead?

For one whole year:
1 I realize being manager is not the ultimate goal of working in a big corporation.
2 I realize (for the time being) I'm better of to develop technically.
3 I realize the first year in a corporation is very important.
4 I realize there is a lot of things, that you really have to experience before you know how to ask for it.
5 I realize it's better to dig for a bone than waiting for it to fall from the sky.
6 I realize there's no way to compare a company to another, because there will never be an apple to apple comparison.
7 I realize, I have a universe to explore.
8 I realize, I really like to work in the lab (for the time being)

For the years awaiting ahead:
1 I will do best for things that I once did worst.
2 I will develop expertise that I carry throughout my career and not afraid to share.
3 I will improve my presentation.
4 I will make myself approach people when it is needed, don't be a social porcupine. (I am occasionally a autism person)
5 I will walk with my head looking at the correct level, not the floor.
6 I must dare myself to speak up!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm actually glad that I have endure the one year for whatever that had happened. And I know, I'm going to endure more.

Till then~

3 条评论:

KiaHooi 说...

congratulation on the one year mark! how do you celebrate in the end?

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

Wow, sometimes I really forgot how fast my little grow! Now so matured!!
Congratulations!

薇薇 说...

kiahooi, i never thought of celebrating seriously. one reason is i'm too tired for some reasons that i dunno. except, if u count dinner that is cooked my yh is a celebration, then, yea, i celebrated.

ying ying, sometimes i wish i just never grow up :(