2009年6月10日星期三

2

As I wrote down the date, I realized, tomorrow will be the day to mark my 2 full years working since graduation. Time really flies...

I consider myself lucky, to be able to graduate at a year when the world economy was good. I found a job relative easy, in fact I found two and I chose the current one. Don't even bother to ask me whether I've been regretting. Because I don't. Why regret when you do not know how exactly the one that you reject is like? Why regret when you don't have another company to compare with? Why regret when you're working with a group of nice and friendly people?

How was my 2nd year? Well, I thought it was relatively less exciting and interesting compared to the first one. Considered myself lucky, I had involved in some interesting projects on my first year. Works of the team had been appreciated, I felt good.

2nd year wasn't so great because of the current economy situation. Some projects are cut, lesser production, man power cutting, salary cutting... Jobs on hands never got lesser, but just less interesting and exciting. Nothing much too new.

Morale was low, in fact still low. News about company cutting people is confirmed to be news, not rumours. And what's worse? News went to the press before the employees. What more can I say...

The low morale and bad economy aside. I have to scold myself for not being proactive enough at times. Yes, morale is low. Isn't it a time to show my capability of being able to work well at this situation?

I also have to scold myself, why follow the crowd? Why do I sometimes feel the difficulties to voice my opinion which is clearly so different from the others? Why?

I'm not consider a new person anymore. A 2 year working experience is what people looking for when they put up recruitments. What can I take from my current job if I apply for a new one? What can I tell people about me and my job?

The more I think, the more I found it's pretty hard to answer all the questions.

What have I done??

Belittle myself will not help to solve the problem. I shall start my exercise routine again tomorrow, organize my thoughts and my life again.

Happy 2 years working to me!

2 条评论:

KiaHooi 说...

i ask myself the same thing also, even more now that the environment has changed, and the pressure to perform is higher...

the road wont get easier, at least not until we've crossed the hardest.

happy 2nd anniversary of working life!

huinee 说...

"News about company cutting people is confirmed to be news, not rumours. And what's worse? News went to the press before the employees. What more can I say..." To quote your feelings here...it's the same for my company here...it seems like an ongoing trend for bigger companies!

Happy 2nd anniversary! :) Don't beat yourself up on such a significant achievement in life!