2009年10月25日星期日

Excitement vs Routine

A good friend of mine had told me she needs excitement.

Yes, life is indeed a process.

Born, Grow Up, Play, Schooling, Graduate, Work, Get married, Buy a house, Have Children, Aging, Say goodbye

Indeed, it sounds very boring.

But, life is like cooking. If I were to cook you your favorite food, say mushrooms, with just mushrooms, I bet you'll hate the dish. But, if I were to cook you mushrooms, with salt, butter, garlic, onions, pepper, and maybe even garnish with some parsley, the dish could be quite savoring.

You can only serve a delicious dish if you love cooking.

Same for life.

My first two years in Singapore, I've got to tell you, I hated it. No life, I kept telling friends and family. I learned how to appreciate what I have, how to tune to different types of lifestyles, how to accustom to different type of people when I spent my one semester in Beijing.

Then, my life in Singapore is no longer the same.

I learn how to enjoy, I learn how to find excitement of my own, even they're sometimes a bit different from excitements from others' perspective.

A nice photo makes my day
A new dish I cooked makes me happy
A trip to picnic by the beach
A short trip back home
A day with my cousins
etc. and the list goes on

How would I describe my life now? Pretty exciting sometimes, packed with my own activities, be it with friends or family or on my own, be it very different or very general. But like anybody else, there aren't excitements everyday.

Because when excitement becomes a routine, there will be no excitement anymore.

Every little small things can change our life, excitements don't drop from the sky, get one yourself!

6 条评论:

KiaHooi 说...

yes, I agree that have to find own ways to make things interesting in your life. For instance, chilling out at Starbucks once a while makes me very happy, easily contented. hahaha...

薇薇 说...

i understand your situation perfectly. if i were u, i'll be as easily contented too :)

Unknown 说...

buy xbox or ps3, bring new excitement to your life... xD

薇薇 说...

cheh... not really la~~~
dont try to persuade me!

YinXin 说...

I SO agree! especially when the day gets gloomy (which is 3 mths a year!)...now I try not to let the weather changes my plans ;)

薇薇 说...

gambate!!!
:)