2010年4月24日星期六

The Love Violin Concerto by Tan Dun


I like Tan Dun, ever since I saw his interview with Lu Yu. He's such a romantic, cute, happy person, full of enthusiasm to his life and music.

When I knew SSO was going to play Tan Dun's new Violin Concerto, I was happy, I thought he's coming to Singapore to conduct his own piece! But to my disappointment, he's not. But I still invited Sock Hoai and so we went.

I know Tan Dun's pieces were always a bit different from the conservative classical that we know. But this new piece, is top of the it! But yet, it's such a suspense that holds your attention to listen through the whole piece.

I do not know whether it's because he had been composing a lot of soundtracks, listening to this violin concerto felt like watching a movie. A movie, with chasing scenes in a chaotic city, cars and people in the background. At times those people ran into park, where there are families in the background. At times they're in the alley. At times they even ran into Chinatown! And this piece definitely ended with a bang.

Well, maybe one day Tan Dun will be here, conducting his own pieces, and I'll attend :)

Other pieces of the concert were not popular classical pieces, but I kinda like them too. And they're all new to me!
2. The Love Violin Concerto by Tan Dun

10 条评论:

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

the time that he has concert in Singapore, it's the time that I return to Singapore :p

薇薇 说...

da jie, actually joshua bell is coming this june!
but i dont think u want to be back to sg within a mth, so I didn't tell you.
As sock hoai said, joshua bell is superstar, yoyoma is legend, i would think you are only coming for legend :)

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

haha, you are correct!

薇薇 说...

phewww...

luckily i'm right, if not you will #$%^$%&%^&($%%^#$ me!
:P

Miharu 说...

I know it's weird, but the Bartok piece was quite impressionable, it's still in my head...

薇薇 说...

really? i like the academic festival overture more :)
youtube that to listen to it :)

yizheng 说...

still unhappy they changed Brahm's Variation to an overture..

薇薇 说...

still sounds nice to me :)

yizheng 说...

coz I juz had Tragic Overture from SSO recently.. :( now again, last minute

薇薇 说...

oh i c...
no wonder