2010年4月28日星期三

おにぎり (Onigiri)

鮭おにぎり (Salmon Onigiri)

鮪おにぎり (Tuna Onigiri)

If you'd read my photo blog, you would know I'm currently a big fan of onigiri >.<

Ingredients:
1. Japanese short grain rice
2. Japanese vinegar
3. Pinch of salt
4. Salmon or Tuna (TC Boy Tuna in Vegetable Oil-Kia Hooi, I help you to advertise!) or any other fillings of your choice (I am thinking of bacon for the future onigiri)
5. Furikake or Sesame for the toppings
6. Seaweed

Method:
1. Japanese rice to water ratio 1:1.5.
2. Let the rice sit in the rice cooker for 15 mins more after it's cooked.
3. Add a spoonful (Chinese soup spoon) of vinegar into the rice, and fluff the rice.
4. Wet your hands, coat with a bit of salt when you make the rice ball.
5. Top with furikake or black sesame.
6. Wrap with seaweed.

Fillings:
For salmon,
1. Marinate salmon with salt (I like to use garlic salt), extra virgin olive oil and a bit of parsley for about half an hour.
2. Pan fry the marinated salmon with butter.
3. Do not overcook salmon, fry with medium heat and turn off the heat as soon as the salmon turned pink.
4. Seared the salmon into pieces. You can also add some pepper.

For Tuna (use white meat tuna for better taste, as Kia Hooi taught me!)
1. You don't have to do anything. Unless you need more flavor, you could add some pepper to it.

You can either wrap a little fillings into the rice ball like I did for my salmon onigiri (first picture) or mix the fillings together with rice when you're fluffing it (second picture). The latter helps to save some time.

For overnight onigiri, Sheena taught me to pan fried it with sesame oil. It's fragrant and delicious :)

I'm loving it~

2 条评论:

YinXin 说...

very 'pro' indeed...I should make some in the weekend...hehe

KiaHooi 说...

haha, really advertising ler! maybe our sales will grow leaps and bounds! haha