2007年8月21日星期二

My Expensive Hobby

How much does your hobby cost you?

I think I have expensive hobby. I like music, classical, chinese orchestra, pop etc. I like to buy them as well. Pop songs can be downloaded easily nowadays, simply click on any website, you've got what you want.

However, for classics and chinese orchestra, you can't download. Firstly, because we have less source on the internet. Secondly, and very importantly, you have to be choosy! At least for me. I chose the orchestra, the place of recording, the conductor, and of cause, the songs. And most of the time, after using the elimination method, you'll end up buying quite expensive CDs.

I went to check out for John Williams albums lately. I finally found quite a few in "That CD Shop" in Tiong Bahru Plaza, with quite a reasonable price too. But sadly, I came home empty handed. This was because, the first CD has all the John Williams songs but played by some dunno what orchestra and conducted by dunno what conductor. The other CD, conducted by John Williams, played by Boston Symphony Orchestra, but only 2-3 of his famous movie theme songs...

Sad...

Anyway, I'm listening to a CD that I bought last weekend, "Classical Moments" by Czech Chamber Philharmonic Orchestra. And the songs were recorded in a church in Germany, where Mozart and Hadyn used to perform there on 15th century. Cool~

Ok, I got to work... Shit! A lot of paperwork need to be done. And I'm taking my break now.

2 条评论:

匿名 说...

as long as u realli love it.
forget about the "cost" ba!
somemore u are in fact affordable? :D

cs

薇薇 说...

well, not always affordable you know...