2007年8月3日星期五

Presentation

I always recognize the fact that presentation skill is indeed very important to every single person. It's not just important to the $ making machine like me. Daily conversation, job interview, self introduction etc are presentation of us as well as the REAL presentation which requires you to speak in front of the crowd.

I attended a seminar today. There were several speakers to introduce the participants to the latest technology of the analytical tools. There were SEVERAL speakers, but there was only ONE that I think he's interested in his own project.

I was bored... So bored...

How could you expect others to feel enthusiastic to your work when you yourself are not showing any interest and energy? How could you expect people to stay awake throughout your presentation when you yourself are half asleep although you're actually presenting?

I saw people dozed off one by one, taking turns. And I dozed off too! I tried to stay awake, as I think it's really a respect to the speakers. Besides, the tools are useful in my job. I had several cups of tea and coffee. But even if I stay wide awake, I couldn't understand. Some speakers were simply murmuring words to themselves.

It is always HARD to find a good presentor in engineering courses.

IS THIS TRUE?

I hope not! At least I have to assure myself not to stand in front of the crowd withouth any energy level. Even if your English sucks big time, energy and enthusiasms of yours will still attract people to what you want to share.

Right?

没有评论: