2007年12月2日星期日

My First Ever 10km


Hooray! I completed my first ever 10km run in my life!!!!!

I have never done anything in sports. I'm never good in it! But today, I did something I have never thought I can do! Yeah!!!!

It's a annual event, organized by Standard Chartered since 2002. I just knew that the number of participants went up to 40,000(2007) from just 5,000(2002). This is amazing! Different people from different walks of life woke up early in the morning when the Sun is still hiding. Got ready, warm up, and here we go!

The weather is just nice, sunny (a little too sunny, now I'm having a little bit of headache) and windy at the end of my 10km race. I think I can do better than the 73mins. I walked a little bit too much. Hahahahahaha! My brother laughed at my "record" by giving me a comment on Friendster saying "73mins, not bad. But I'm better!" What the.... I wasn't confident at all before the race, I was imagining what if I take 2 hours to finish 10km!!!! Luckily I did better than that.

I have to say the logistics of the event is very very well planned. Imagine the event for 40,000 runners, and other supporters etc. It's really a nightmare! But yeah, the event went on perfectly fine.

I think I would like to join this race again next year. Still 10km, I do not have the guts to go 22km with my stamina like that.

Yeah!Before the race startedPretending to run, but in actual fact the race hasn't startedAlong the raceAlmost there...Celeste and me . She completed her half marathon!

4 条评论:

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

For a person born in a family that never good in sport, you are really good! (^^)

薇薇 说...

Hahahahaha!!!!!

I guess it's just all about the mind work. I think I should be able to run faster de...

"There's no bad weather, just weak mind"
One of the signboard displayed during the run

匿名 说...

Can I copy whole passage of urs and change "10km" to "21.1km", "73minutes" to "157minutes", "2hours" to "3.5hours", "22km" to "42.2km"??
your name will be cited.. :P


"There's no bad weather, just weak mind"
This signboard was displayed for strong mind ppl only, those weak mind de cannot c one...

Anonymous
(ok, I know you know who am I..)

薇薇 说...

yeah, i know who u are... well, u can copy and cited la!~

^_^

give u the permission.