2007年12月2日星期日

Thoughts

I think I should have written some thoughts after being able to do something that I thought I could never do it in my life. Like my sis commented in the previous entry, we're born in a family, where sports are... I can't find a good word for that, but we're mostly 能文不能武.

En surprised us with a medal when he was still in his primary school. He ended 8th of 9th place in the race, without any training. He's the first in the family, created a history! Hahahaha!

I didn't do a lot of sports until I went into Uni. I tried to get my butt off my chair, and go swimming or jogging. I didn't manage to keep up on regular basis, as I always have my own excuses to laze at my lovely hostel. After joining company for my first job, I was amazed by how a supportive company can provide a very equipped facilities for the employees. I discipline myself for at least once a week to spend in the club house. Sometimes twice. And I signed up for this run, to push myself. I'm glad I did.

I ran mostly, very slow and very short distance when I run my practice weekly. And I always have fear that I can't complete the real race. As I still remember my disastrous 5km run, which I rushed into the toilet instead of the finishing line. tsk... I think I ran a little bit faster than I usually did today, I guessed it's because of the environment that pushed you through. I'm glad I came back and found that I didn't spend 2 hours to run 10km.

I guess the signboard displayed during the race is true "There's no bad weather, just weak mind". It's very inspiring, I decided I should do it again next year. I shall finish 10km less than 1hour then.

We can do whatever we want if we try harder! Nothing's impossible!

2 条评论:

i am thinking 说...

very ambitious! even shaving off 5 mins for a race is considered a huge accomplished.. but way to go girl!

薇薇 说...

becoz i know i'm not running with all i can give! no harm to be ambitious.

anyway, i dunno who u r?