2007年9月18日星期二

Don't Defence Your EGO

It's been 3 months since I started to work. It has been eventful, with all the ups and downs. I was surprised, that so many things can happen in such a short period of time.

Sometimes, I would get confused that my job is just to be there to talk to people. To be able to get my job done, I have to arrange for short meetings with people from different area just to understand my role in certain issue. Sometimes, I need to get information; Sometimes, I need to address my boss; Sometimes, I need to request for something; Sometimes, I need to read emails and reply all of them and digest them as well; Sometimes, I need to call the vendors... And, so often, I do all these on the same day, and I end up doing talking and listening for the whole day!

I always tell myself, maybe this happen just because the lab is temporarily down for now.

I start to understand how all things go for different people in the team. There may be some of the things that I dislike, but we'll have to understand, nobody is born the same. This is a simple fact. But sadly, I don't think everyone understands this. Sometimes, I have to remind myself of this too.

Due to some changes we need to make now in the lab, I start to understand how people refuse to accept changes. At least, in a positive way. It's very hard to get people being convinced of what you're trying to do, especially you're such a FRESHIE. And I start to feel the Tai Chi in the air, that people fan away responsibility, and defence their old thinking.

But, nobody is born the same. Change is the only constant. So everybody needs a change eventually...

So, don't defence our ego.

没有评论: