2007年9月12日星期三

Dragon Boat

I had fun today!

It's the PE's quarterly team building again. This time, in short notice, we went to Kallang for dragon boat! I was actually quite excited when I was informed with the news. How often can someone like me go for dragon boat? NEVER!

We gathered in one of the restaurant located near Kallang indoor stadium, Mushroom Pot 9am. Then, we had comm session which our director shared some visions with us. We then brainstormed for some posters competition when we're divided into teams according to the products. After that, we had STEAMBOAT in Mushroom Pot. It's a chinese traditional herbal soup and different kinds of mushrooms!!!! Oh, carnivores, don't worry, the restaurant serves meat too! Hehe! The steamboat is good!

At 1pm, we started to gather to walk or drive to the place that we're going to have our dragon boat experience. Lucky enough for me, my colleagues drove us there. At 1++, we're already stretching according to the instructions given by the coaches (2 outsiders, and one colleague which is a member the company dragon boat team.) We're complaining like school kids cause we just had our mushrooms... We're imagining the mushrooms swimming in the stomach! Managers with big belly were complaining too, because they can't touch their toes... :P

We're divided into 3 teams, each 20 people with a coach. We're briefed with safety instructions, safety always comes first. Then, we board the boat! Ok, this is the best part... I was wondering at the moment I boarded because I thought I should sit at the right place. But, apparently there were two guys who can't fit into the seat of the head of the boat (Their butts are too big for the narrow seat). And one of the manager just grabbed me (since I was stoning) to sit in front with one of the guy. This is a wrong decision to say ok. Cause, the one in front is so important, I have to shout all the way! OMG!

Sometimes, I think working adults are no different from the school kids. We're supposed to train and compete among each other. But before the competition, we're already competing. We're chasing each other's boat (it's so hard to play chase on the boat!) to splash water on the opposing team! Gosh! My responsibility is to get my team member out of the danger! ROW FOR YOUR LIFE!

I really had fun playing! Dragon Boat is so cool!~ Maybe it's cool only because all of us are so crazy when we're out of our computers and projects. I like this.

Anyway, if someone wants to go dragon boat some time, please remember to invite me. But this time, make sure I sit behind :P

(PS. Found out that one of the manager in the team is so cute, that when he smiles, I can't see his eyes. Like this - - hahahahaha!!! Never notice that because I never really talked to him.)

Good news for my FA team, that one of my colleague's wife delivered a baby boy when we're rowing the boat. He's so happy~

3 条评论:

~AmK~ 说...

haha... I row before during my GIP trip to shanghai. That was a bi-annually dragon boat competition and we were NTU representatives. It was no doubt a great experience

匿名 说...

funny lo... His wife about to give birth liao, then he happily go ko zhun??
>_<"

cs

薇薇 说...

paise that i didnt make it clear. his wife actually went into the hospital in the morning, so he left us before we go ko zhun... :P

luckily lo, else we have to "fetch" him with our boat all the way to city hall there to take cab :P:P