2007年1月16日星期二

My PRECIOUS.....

Look at this... This is my PRECIOUS...

This is an image of my iron oxide powders from TEM (transmitted electron microscope). I had produced these babies on September 2006 by coprecipitation method. I tried to observe them on SEM (scanning electron microscope) but all I can see is a bunch of blur grey and black image of unknown stuffs (although I know they are iron oxide, but the examiner will not know). This is all because SEM has lower resolution compared to TEM. SEM could be more useful in observing morphology of the samples and good enough for micro size samples as well. So, my mentor being a very nice person as usual sent my samples to TEM room to examine them. And YEAH! Finally we see something.

I haven't really measure the size, yet, you can roughly tell that they're about 10nm!!! But due to some unforseen circumstances, my samples are mixture of nanorods and nanospheres. Weird...

FYI, these babies have very good magnetic properties. They could be magnetized and demagnetized almost instantly.

They're just one of my products. I'll take more pictures of my samples of my FYP and show them here! Hahahaha....

Anyway, I was supposed to write a progress report now but when I sit in front of my pc, I just can't stop clicking my way... I'll stop RIGHT AFTER this blog and continue with the report.

^^

4 条评论:

匿名 说...

veli chim..

薇薇 说...

your blog is much more "chim-mer" than mine la~~~

KiaHooi 说...

Wah...I never dare to publish my findings on my blog eh...afraid someone will copy it for self-usage. Hehe...although it's nothing big la!

薇薇 说...

Don't worry gal...this is not my finding,this is just one of the part i have to do so that i can put into my other samples

:D