2007年5月8日星期二

Not A Good Day!!

It's 3pm now and I'm only having my lunch while writing this post. I woke up early in the morning today, to go to school library. I photocopied my passport and later found that I lost my student pass. I was so panic that I called Ai Mei to help me to look for it in my drawer. And 5 minutes later, I found them in my bag...

By then, I was on the bus heading China Embassy to apply for visa. When I reached Tanglin Road, I was again panic! The queue to visa and passport application was sooooooooo FREAKINGLY long!! I can't see the main door of the embassy! All I knew was I was standing under the HOT SUN by the road with a bunch of people. It's already 10am and the Embassy closed on 11.30am for application. SHIT! I told myself, never mind, just queued, maybe they will extend the opening hours due to the traffic caused by the stupid labour day golden week.

Everybody was HOT, sweating, thirsty, panic, angry... But all we can do was follow the queue. After an hour, I started to see the main gate. So I was hoping that I can get into it before 11.30am. And yea, I got into the main gate. The lady in front of me and the young lad behind me were equally relief like me. But we're so DAMN WRONG!

When we got ouselves in front of the gate of the office, the security guards locked the door and SHOO-ed us off! I was very pissed off but I didn't know what to do. An old aunty accompanied by her daughter were even more pissed! The 70 year old lady had stood under the sun like me for more than one hour. And all we got is:"No more numbers! Come again tomorrow!!"

It was very chaotic in front of the gate. Some people tried to squeezed themselves into the gate, and I heard some of them shouting because the guards were forcing the gate to close. Some were shouting to the officers and guards. And some of them, like me and the lady in front, stood there helplessly and walked away.

When we left, there wasn't any officer out at the gate to tell people that the office had closed for applications. We being kind enough, informed the people in the queue. Same reactions all around the embassy...

I thought the officers could at least came out to the queue to count how many numbers they could handle and let the others go home. Instead of letting us queue under the HOT sun. The embassy had one whole week of holiday and I thought they could have been expecting this crowd today. But they chose to do nothing to this and continue their FREAKINGLY long lunch hour starts from 11.30am.

ARGH!

After that, I took a bus to Orchard as I planned, to look for presents to buy. But I couldn't find anything suitable and one hour later, I was hungry and suffering from headache. I didn't know what to eat as I was lepak-ing alone. Finally, I bought a pack of pasta and sauce from Cold Storage of Takashimaya and took a cab home. These are only things I bought from Orchard today.

Haiz... This is really not a very good day!

4 条评论:

huinee 说...

Wow! I can't believe they did that! That's just plain wrong and rude, and thoroughly irresponsible! :S Hope you will get your visa soon! I'm also waiting for news on a different kind of visa...H1B visa...*sniff* Most probably won't get liao since I haven't heard from lawyer yet...

薇薇 说...

what is H1B?why do u need a lawyer to do that?

i will get my visa back at home.i'll leave that to the travel agency,i dont have so much time and energy to waste standing by the road :S

anyway,hope u get whatever visa u need.is it for like working permit?

huinee 说...

Yes, H1B is a temporary working permit/visa for non-immigrant workers in the US. Right now when I graduate I will have a 1-year Optional Practical Training work permit, so after that I will need an H1B so that I can continue working. The only way you can apply for an H1B visa is through lawyers, you cannot apply for it yourself, and you'll need an employer to sponsor it.

Since my OPT is valid from this Aug to next Aug, I can try for H1B again next year, so hopefully not getting it this year will not be too big an issue.

薇薇 说...

hm....good luck to you!!!!

we're kinda lucky here in singapore becoz the PR were sort of "given" to us without any trouble.

so i hope u can get yours too over there!

good luck!!