2007年5月3日星期四

Touring in Singapore

Been disappearing from my blog for quite some days... 4 or 5 days? Well, maybe some of you who did not know me very well will wonder what did I do for the past few days. I had been touring around Singapore, like a tourist. Yea, I did!

Ah Yang came to Singapore for architecture intake interview in NUS. After the interview, we started our tour in Singapore. This was my first time touring around Singapore like a tourist for 4 days straight! To be honest to all of you, I never been to some of the places that I've taken him to.

For the first day, due to limited time and he needed earlier rest caused of the interview on next day, we went to Orchard Road. This young man was very fast to get bored by all the similar looking malls and crowded places. Luckily I didn't plan to tour him at Orchard Road for long hours.
^^

Sunday was his interview. We went to NUS early in the morning and look for the lecture theatre where the intervie was held. Yee Hau came to accompany while waiting for him. After the interview, we went to a city tour. Merlion, Esplanade, Boat Quay and Raffles Place are definitely must go for a tourist. It's not my first time to take photos around here, but it's definitely fun to see this young man amused by lots of things! Hahaha...

After the city tour, we went to Night Safari. This was my 2nd visit. I still have the same feelings of visiting zoo. I hate to see them being caged in the very small pathetic "natural jungle". And the zoo authority claims that they are providing the best? These animals have lost their natural behaviour, so what's the best? Ah Yang asked me to think in a positive way, the animals are just staying in a 5 Star Hotel. Hehehe... Oh anyway, the animal show was entertaining. The trainer knows how to get attention of the audience and made all the normal things of animal show so amazing!

The next day, we went to City Gallery, Chinatown, Sentosa and Vivo City. Talk about Sentosa, I had only visited Sentosa for the freshmen orientation camp. This was again, my first time to go Underwater World, took the cable car, 4D Magix and Dolphin Lagoon. Underwater World was very disappointing. Small, lack of information of the creatures, not enough place for the visitors to move around etc. I prefer HK underwater world in Ocean Park. Dolphin Lagoon is popular with the pink dolphins. But the show was VERY disappointing! VERY! Audience cannot see the dolphins and the program was BORING! Some of the audience left before the show ended.

The last day of his Singapore stay, we went to Bird Park and Science Centre. Bird Park was a very nice place to visit, provided if you like nature. They have wide variety of BIRDS in the park. But still, I hate the way they cage them. The "performers" (birds used in bird show) were even tied on the pathetic steel bar and exhibited to everyone. The performers are big eagles and owls... What are they thinking? They think they can treat the eagles like parrots? I saw the bald eagle tried to fly from his steel bar and fell onto the floor because he forgot he was being tied up!

Science Centre?!! Oh crap.... Don't even think about paying any dollar to visit this shitty centre!!! Don't!! Waste of time and waste of money!

Anyway,it's nice to pretend to be a tourist in a place that you're familiar with once in a while. You see things from a different perspective. Try it for yourself sometimes.

At the end of it, I hope Ah Yang had enjoyed his stay with me in Singapore. And good luck to him!!!

4 条评论:

匿名 说...

I definitely enjoyed my time in Singapore. Thanks for spending time with me. Better than any tour I've ever been on.

薇薇 说...

wah!!!what a complement!hehehe!

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

ah yang, wow, she's so good meh~? like that good lah, next time she can be part-time tour guide. ha ha!

薇薇 说...

da jie,u can be part time tour planner!