2007年4月22日星期日

The Forever King of Pop


I like Michael Jackson, I think he's a legend of music industry. Despite of all the news he had with the kids (yucks!), I like him. Though I'm not his die hard fans, to be honest, I don't really believe in the news. Or to say, I do not know what to believe. Sounds stupid, I know.

Thanks to MJ, we have all the wonderful MTVs to watch along our favourite songs. He's the first singer who started the idea of MTV. And I think, there wasn't any MTV that could beat his. His MTVs are the best to me, always! Thriller(I thought this one was scary when I was young, I mean very very very young), Bad, Billie Jean, Beat It, etc.... None of the MTV I watch nowadays seem to be as meaningful as his, really. Look at those stupid MTVs which show the singers walk around at the street, you know what I mean. I used to have video tapes of his MTV that my cousin, Keat recorded for me.

Despite of the MTVs he made, listen to the songs he wrote. The meaningful lyrics from "Heal the World", "They don't really care about us", "Earth Songs" (the one I played as the background music), I just couldn't help to not believe in the news because of all the lyrics he had written. I know it sounds stupid...

His life, is a tragedy. Not just him, Jackson 5. Being a singer since he was a kid, grew up in the "cacat" family, I believe that's the reason for him being weird. Numerous times of plastic surgeries, "cacat" marriages, weird ways to bring up his child, weird behaviours caught by the paparazzi etc. I hate to believe the fact that all these are true. He's mentally unhealthy because of the childhood he went through. I think.

How could I forget to mention his "moon walk"? It's the best!!! Not just the "moon walk", do you remember seeing MJ performing dance with his body 45deg slanted? How can someone do this? It doesn't obey the law of physics!! What did he do to his body?

I still love his songs though he hasn't been singing for such a long time. I hope he would come to Malaysia or Singapore to hold a concert again, because I really want to watch him live. And I still remember the drawing of his potrait that my cousin, Keat drew for me. I used to paste it on the cover of one of the notebook.

No matter what have the media said of him, to me, MJ is the King of Pop, a legend! Forever...

PS My whole family listen to MJ's songs. Believe it or not, my grandfather used to like him too!

9 条评论:

薇薇 说...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LbvP7dT3Dx0&mode=related&search=

I've been searching for MTV when I wrote this blog and I came across this most CACAT thriller MTV that i've ever seen!!!!

i do not want to post on my blog la, it's such a pollution, but i do want to share this here.hahaha!

Cacat!

Ah Fong 说...

i like MJ's songs very much!

bille jean
thriller
black or white
free willy song...
you are not alone
heal the world
earth song (great!!!)

i totally agree that he is really the kind of pop! (he is the only pop star whom my parents know his full name :))

Ying Ying 盈盈 说...

I'm suppose to do my work now but when i see this blog, i just have to drop by and say something ;p

Yes, I think he is the real King of Pop. No matter what he did in his personal life, there's no way we can deny that he is the REAL entertainer. Ah Gong (grandpa) used to love the song "Beat It", he likes the bass so much! I think MJ is the only one that could make everyone in our family likes his songs (^^)

薇薇 说...

hahaha!!!someone who's supposed to work is coming here cause of MJ...hahaha!so u see?how big the influence is?

匿名 说...

someone told me be4, MJ is for Michael Jordan, they call Michael jackson as Mike only wor..cos mike is the thing he use to sing ma..haha..

薇薇 说...

hahaha!i dont care la,i wanna write it short ma,MJ is just now for me to write.

匿名 说...

MJ. Very nice! I like!

薇薇 说...

eh?who are you?

匿名 说...

Borat Sagdiyev from Kazakhstan. It nice to meet you.