2007年4月4日星期三

The Lesson of LIFE

If you remember, I bought a book as a present for myself after I signed the appointment letter from my first job, "Tuesdays with Morrie". I read it, and I like it very much!

It's a true story between the author, Mitch Albom and his old professor, Morrie. Morrie suffered from ALS and was dying soon. He is Mitch's philosophy class lecturer and Mitch was his favourite student. Mitch lost contact with Morrie after his graduation with the excuse "BUSY with his work". But after 16 years, one day, Mitch saw "Nightline" interviewing Morrie about his death on TV. Mitch reunited with Morrie and attended classes about LIFE every Tuesday until Morrie finally passed away.

I like it not because of the story, but because of the lesson that Morrie gave us. Love is the most important element in your life. Do not follow the norm culture, but develop one on your own. Some quotes from Morrie are simply GOOD, let me share some here.

"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."

"Death ends a life, not a relationship."

"Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live."

I wanted to read this book because I was searching "Meaning of life" from the search engine from library and Google. (For some reasons, that I could not reveal here. It's my little secret, sorry.) Morrie definitely had given a good lesson and it's so inspiring, I'm going to read more philosophical book to "search" for the meaning of life, and to live my life to the fullest!

Highly recommended! Especially for people in transition period like me.

PS I'm going to reread this after I had given myself some time to think about my life.

5 条评论:

huinee 说...

Pai seh, books like this make me want to sleep. Haha. :P Meaning of life...mmm...maybe I'm not at the period of my life where I need to think about that yet. Call me superficial, but I'm more concerned about questions like "when's the next shoe sale" and "when will I earn my first million"...hahaha... :P Kidding la.

薇薇 说...

i bet you'll change your mind after reading this!

匿名 说...

You can search for meaning of life from books by Dr K. Sri Dhammananda. He is a buddhist monk. Don't be put off and read thru his books w/o any prejudice you may have regarding buddhism. He writes in plain english. I can assure you, you will find something you seek.

Aku

薇薇 说...

aku...

do u have that book? borrow....

hahaha!your little niece very poor now la....or better still,u buy for me la! (kao bin pui)!!!

hahahaha

匿名 说...

Ada, tapi don't know put where already. Let you know when I found it.